New Zealand's trusted disability support service
Supporting disabled people and their whānau.
Together, wherever you’re going.
Haere tonu tātau.
The Services We Provide
NZCL is dedicated to enabling disabled people to live good lives, with the support of a range of services including residential support, vocational assistance, respite care, and specialised support.
We believe in providing support in partnership with disabled people, advocating for choice, rights, culture, dignity, and learning. Learn more about our available services below.
NZCare and Geneva Community Living came together to form NZCL, an organisation dedicated to supporting disabled people in New Zealand.
Our Disability Support Services reflect our belief that all New Zealanders deserve to live fully, have equal opportunities, and achieve their ambitions.
That’s why everything we do is designed to enable disabled people to be part of their local community, connect with whānau and friends, and do the things they enjoy. We will work with you and whānau to provide support that is personalised, flexible and reflect the choices that you want to make in your life.
Together, wherever you’re going. Haere tonu tātau.
NZCL provides ongoing support to 20 year-old Jane*, who is a person with Autism Spectrum Disorder.
Jane’s family had been fundraising to build a house that met Jane’s future needs, and asked NZCL to help with this. While we were waiting for the house to be built we supported Jane to move into an NZCL residential service in another area, and to be part of that local community.
Jane and her family were closely involved in selecting the service that best met her needs and in developing a vocation plan, outlining the types of activities she would like to be doing. Jane has since been involved in going to Riding for the Disabled, riding her bike with staff, going out into the community to restaurants, and shopping for the things she likes. Her family have noticed how much Jane has grown in confidence and become more independent.
NZCL will be supporting Jane to move into her new home, ready to start a new and exciting chapter of her life.
* Name changed for privacy purposes
We are New Zealand's trusted disability support provider
Disability Support Services FAQs
- Access to government funded services for people with disabilities is managed through Needs Assessment and Service Coordination Services (NASCs). NASCs are referral agencies that will determine what government funded services you are eligible for and will refer you to an organisation that can meet your needs. There are different NASCs covering different regions of the country.
- Find the right NASC for your needs here: insert link
- NZCL also supports privately paying clients. Contact us to find out more.
- If you don’t qualify for government funding, we may still be able to help. Please contact us on 0800 101 057.
- If you are not sure what support they might need or they need to be assessed for government funding, the best place to start is their family doctor. For disability support you could also contact your local Needs Assessment and Service Coordination Centre.
- If you think you know what support they might need, please contact the relevant service to find out more.
- We are dedicated to providing high quality support which helps maintain your independence in your home and community.
- If our team has delivered excellent service, please use the form below to tell us. Equally, if we have failed to meet your expectations, please let us know.
- Concerns and complaints can submitted here and are provided directly to our Quality Team, who will work with the local team to respond using the contact details you include below. They will reply within 5 working days from receiving your feedback.
- Alternatively you can speak to a member of the Quality team through the central office number 0800 227 348.
- For more information about making a complaint you can visit the HDC website.
- We are always interested in hearing from people who would like to work for us! You can register to be kept up to date with suitable vacancies by signing in and creating an account here.
- Please check the job advertisement you have responded to for the best contact details. Alternatively email [email protected] with the job reference number or phone us on 0800 102 147.
Get in touch with us
To access our support services, please choose us as a preferred provider when you speak to Needs Assessment and Service Coordination (NASC) service or an Enabling Good Lives (EGL) Connector.
If you prefer to call or email, our team is available 24 hours/7 days.
PO Box 24445, Manners Street, Wellington 6142